Friday 15 October 2010

First attempt at moulding

Click here to go back to my website.

After looking at the work of 'Based upon' I was inspired to experiment with some mouldings. Based upon's work uses a lot of different processes but that one that I found most interesting in relation to my work is the use of moulding from locations to incorporation into art for clients. For example in one piece of work they took mouldings of bark from trees as well as other details in a location to make a piece of work related to it. I feel it makes it more personal and referable.

I wanted to try using moulding within my own work to see how it would take my practice forward. My working process involves carrying out ideas I have in order to develop them further or move away from them if they are not successful. In this case I do not feel I have done enough to be able to make that decision. I want to evolve the objects and surfaces that I mould to relate to a specific memory and potential make a collection of little squares that relate to something more specific.

Watch this space for more updates on my progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment